Monday, October 27, 2008

Dubai out of petrol?!

Tonight, i went to fill up my car with premium fuel (at a ridiculously low price as per normal), and you'd never guess, but the petrol station had run out of fuel! I went into the station shop to pick up some water anyway, and the cashier asked the classic line "anything else". I just looked at him and said "Well i wouldn't mind some fuel". He looke at me, chuckled and said "yes, it's a bit embarrassing isn't it!"

I never thought i'd see the day that Dubai ran out of fuel. Ok this time the excuse was a delayed tanker delivery from Shajah, but maybe this is the start of the end?!!?

Surely not!

PS Yes i know I haven't been posting recently. Don't worry i have plans to get back blogging properly again soon.

5 comments:

Fríða said...

You should come back to Iceland. Great times here at the moment and we have lots of petrol :)

howdoyoulikeiceland said...

but look at the change in exchange rates now!?!

http://www.exchange-rates.org/history/ISK/USD/G/180

1 USD = 121 ISK !!

howdoyoulikeiceland said...

Oh and i hear all freezers have been sold out in Iceland, and its difficult to buy imported beer. That's a tough situation (regarding the beer obviously!)

Fríða said...

Yes, true about the beer but who can resist a cold Egils Gull, Viking or even a Thule?

Don't know about the freezers. We have great ice cream up here though ;)

Fríða said...

Anyway, the exchange rates are in your favour! Instead of saying "It's sooo expensive!" you'll be saying "Oh my word, it's so cheep. I'll take three."

Haha, I've got to write to Mick now.